Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Shine Bright On A Rainy Day


Typical gloomy/rainy days at school make me want to hide in my bed and watch endless movies.  That certainly doesn't help me get anything productive done, so I need something to get me up and moving.  Nothing makes me want to go out and about more than a great outfit, so I figure there's no reason to hold back my cute threads on a rainy day.  On any rainy day, wellies are a must, so I threw on my pair of black Hunter boots.  I decided to layer a denim shirt under a cozy sweater for warmth.  For a bit of color pop, I wore my red jeans-which I absolutely love.  Some may call me crazy for wearing such a statement necklace with a pair of rubber rain boots, but I call it balance.  Why not add a bit of spice into such a casual outfit?  Plus, I think it compliments the outfit really well and adds a bit of color contrast.  A great factor of inclement weather is getting to use an umbrella!  Some hate them, but I treat them as just another accessory.  I love my leopard umbrella (especially with this outfit) and believe me, it comes out in full force on these rainy days.  I figure when there is no sun to add happiness to the day, we should shine bright with joy of feeling good in a cute outfit!  Check out my outfit details below!  










Wellies: Hunter; Denim Shirt: Forever 21; Sweater: H&M; Jeans: Rock & Republic; Necklace: JCrew; Watch: Michael Kors

1 comment: